Monday, November 12, 2012

Settee

 Moving along with  projects...

Settee in main salon;


The top of the settee is made from 3/4" teak and holly ply that was left over when the previous owner has all new deck boards made (currently living under the bed in my apartment).  


The front of the settee is made from one of the pieces which originally boxed in the main mast in the salon.

The seat is 24" wide.  Hopefully I can keep it as wide as possible.  After seeing how often I bang my leg I will decide on the final width and trim the outboard edges.  Both ends will be angled.

1 comment:

Rhys said...

If you really want to preserve the width and want a reasonably priced solution, router a groove in the front edge using a router bit that can take the sort of EPDM auto- or marine-grade gasketing found here

http://shop.argusindustries.ca/collections/rubber-seal

Have a look; they have loads of different gasketing.

Anyway, it makes a "bumper" for the lid that could save some shin skin.