Monday, March 18, 2013

BEP CZone distributed power and digital switching systems

Check out this article by Ben Ellison on his excellent blog PANBO.com. 

PANBO

As you might know I have Mastervolt not BEP on TIH, but the good news is that they are both owned by the same parent company.  Mastervolt (BEP) has designed a connect switch to allow its systems to be controlled/monitored by the BEP system, this includes the Simrad MFDs'.



Check this out;  CZone Digital Switching on Simrad NSE

It looks like they will be working with other MFD companies (Garmin?) in the near future.

What does this mean?  I can monitor my MV DC system from the GPS (MFD) screen, switch on and off Nav lights, pumps etc. and other good stuff that I will probably never use.I believe that an iPad app is on the cards.

More PANBO

2 comments:

builder said...

A couple weeks ago, I talked with Mark, the local Mastervolt rep, about this device. He indicated things need to evolve a bit before bridging the system really delivers on expectations. Specifically, official PGNs in the N2K spec. Till then, it is still a pain to get the two systems to talk to each other.

But worth keeping an eye on.

The Incredible Hull said...

Good to know. At the speed I'm moving they should be good and ready.