Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Galley Overhaul.......

I finally managed to locate a ships carpenter that I could

a. afford and
b. trust.  So far so good.



The butcher block counter-top is the  NUMERÄR in birch, $169 from IKEA.

The drawer unit is a stock Three Drawer Unit from Boat Outfitters in Florida.  I will use two of these units to replace the existing wooden drawers.  The fit with an inch to spare.  I have found Boat Outfitters to be a very good company to deal with and they sort out any minor issues very efficiently.

These are the two units prior to fitting;


I had them adapt one of the units into one normal drawer and one deep drawer to take nesting saucepans. 


1 comment:

Rhys said...

Nice bit of work there. I will look up the supplier as the Canadian dollar is in the toilet at the moment and I will have to start using my American rainy day funds for boaty bits.